Saturday, June 1, 2013

On the Topic of Humor

When I was younger, I liked to make people laugh.
I still do.
Something about being able to connect with someone on that level where you can make them laugh makes me feel great.
Story time.

When I was in 5th grade, I had a friend. We'll call him Grodd for the sake of privacy.
Yes, Grodd is the name of a supervillain gorilla. I don't care.
ANYWAY, so here I am in 5th grade, one of those 'funny kids' who always had something witty to say and was quick with a joke.
The summer after it, I was hanging out with Grodd and he says this to me, "We can't be funny anymore. Being funny isn't cool anymore, we have to grow out of it and be cool."
I said something along the lines of "I don't care."
Because I didn't.
My sense of humor is the last thing I will ever give up.
We, as humans, need laughter.
I mean, go turn on the news. How many stories about how someone killed someone or others have died because of something accidental?
We need laughter to keep ourselves sane.

Keep laughin', sweethearts.

Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment